A tradition we've started in the last couple of years, and one that my boys look forward to, is hiding Resurrection Eggs. These eggs have symbols inside that represent the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. There's a booklet included that has the explanation for each object. My boys love figuring out which egg is next to open.
If you don't want to spend the money on a set of eggs, you can make your own! At Motherhood Your Way, Mandi gives a list of the items you'll need, plus has free downloadable cards that tell the Resurrection story.
Another fun, delightful way to tell the Easter story is with these Resurrection Cookies I found a recipe for at Motherhood on a Dime:
Bible Story Printables has some great Resurrection activities:
- Coloring pages
- Bible verse copywork - Four different pages
- Easter file folder game
- Make-A-Word (see how many words you can make from the letters in "Easter Sunday.")
- Jelly Bean Prayer Box
- Make Your Own Resurrection Eggs
- Easter Memory Match
- Word Wall Set
- Printable puzzles
- Several "He is Risen" crafts
- Easter Bingo
- File Folder Games/other games
- Hosanna Craft
- Songs and calendar helpers, bible verse cards, and more!
However your family chooses to celebrate Easter weekend, I wish you all a happy family-time!