Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Luck o' the Irish

Top o' the mornin' to ya!

What activities do you have planned for St. Patrick's day lessons?

The boys and I are learning all kinds of fun stuff about Ireland, using Amanda Bennett's Download N Go unit: Expedition Ireland. After learning a little about Waterford, Ireland, the boys loved seeing the Waterford crystal bowl and thimble I'd bought back in 2003. Made the study more relevant for them to actually see something from there... or did it make having those shiny dishes in the cupboards seem more relevant?  The boys also enjoyed the myths behind The Giant's Causeway, and they'll always love learning more about various animals like those found in Ireland.

I found some fun St. Patrick's Day printables and crafts on Enchanted Learning.

Family Fun had a couple recipes we'll try.

Clover Cookies

Taste A Rainbow
Fun, huh!

Plus, some Irish Soda Bread that I also found a recipe for on Family Fun. Can't wait to try that - no yeast... might actually turn out for me!

More activities:
How about a leprechaun playset? Or a shamrock maze? A fun Treasure Hunt? Also found at Family Fun...

At DLTK, I found this neat leprechaun craft. Check out all their St. Patrick's Day crafts and printables.

Sent away for Darby O'Gill and the Little People to watch as part of the unit... Should be fun to watch the young Sean Connery in action. I saw this when I was little girl, but haven't seen it since then.




I combined most of the printables into a couple activity packets for the boys. They like working on them in between our other subjects.

If you have a preschooler, here's a cute, free printable St. Patrick's Day theme set.

No comments:

Post a Comment