Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rain Painting

I've been waiting for a long time to do rain painting with my boys. The main reason I haven't before is because I never had the right kind of paint.

And now I do.

And it's raining today.

So we got out some white construction paper and went to it.

What is rain painting? I don't know for sure if this is actually termed 'rain painting', but it fits.

Use powder paint (tempera)... the kind you have to mix with water to make paint... Only don't mix it with water... cuz that's what the rain is for...



Sprinkle some on a piece of paper - whatever colors you desire. Make a pattern or don't.



Set it on a tray out in the rain, and let the rain do the painting.




Snap a photo of the co-artists with their masterpieces:




Then be all artsy and discuss the color blending, the textures created by the raindrops and paint. Ask: What do you think the rain was trying to say with this piece of artwork?











No comments:

Post a Comment